Our Pure Fishing General Fishing species days are a fun time catching many different species of fish available whilst at anchor or drifting around our coastline.
Whereas these days are classed as a competition, they’re not quite that!
They are no different to a normal day out. You simply come along and have a fun time catching with us, while we record your catch, each fish scoring a set amount of points each, with bonus points for each different species.
Catch the most points over the two days and WIN with a brand new rod OR reel.
The points will be awarded as below
- 1 point – dogfish, whiting
- 2 points – pouting, mini species, any fish not listed
- 3 points – all gurnard, dab, plaice
- 4 points – wrasse – ballan & cuckoo, , pollack, coalfish, codling
- 5 points – bull huss, conger, smoothhound, spurdog, tope
- 6 points – each species
Sandeel, mackerel and herring are excluded from points, but will count for species points
There are two days planned each month, and the angler with the most points from either day will be deemed the winner. If there is a tie on points, the most species between the tying point scorers will win. If still tied the most 5 point fish will win. If still tied the most 4 point fish will win.
- June – Mon 10th & Thurs 27th
- July – Mon 08th & Fri 26th
- August – Mon 05th & Fri 30th
- September – Fri 13th & Fri 28th
- October – to be announced
- November – to be announced
- December – to be announced
- Winter dates for the Menai Strait to be announced
A slight change for 2019 in that instead of a designated prize each month, there will be list of prizes for the winner to choose from that best suits his / her angling needs.
- Shakespeare Agility Tipster 9ft, Designed in 3-equal sections, the Agility Sea Tipster features quality Zirconium Oxide rings, suited to both mono and braid. A light and supple tip section, promotes bite detection perfectly.
- PENN Spinfisher 5500 FS, spools are designed for mono and braid, with the Spinfisher reels sporting stainless steel main-shaft and alloy main gear. Featuring the HT-100 Slammer Drag, this is a very smooth reel and provides more pressure than ever before.
- PENN Battalion boat 20lb – contains a special blend of high performance carbon, producing an exceptionally lightweight, powerful, slim diameter blank. The tip action is progressive but powerfull in the mid section with a stiff butt, creating a rod with amazing sensitivity for bite detection and strength when fighting fish. This unique action is also designed to give maximum performance with braid and mono lines.
- PENN Fathom 15 star drag multiplier reel, designed with a full diecast metal reel frame and side-plates to minimise any chance of gear torsion under pressure
- Shakespeare Agility Braid Boat 12-20lb. Featuring a supple tip designed specifically for fishing braid lines, its 12/20lb action makes it the ideal choice for general drift fishing in deeper water when after rays, turbot and brill, but also for tope over clean ground. It is also popular for working bigger lures over reefs and wrecks when after cod, ling, pollack and coalfish.
- Greys® GR75S Uptide, the is is a premium class boat rod. Sensitive tips for bite detection, but offer lots of reserve power in all the right places – to exert maximum pressure when it’s needed.
- Abu Garcia C7000 multiplier reel , Power Disk™ drag system gives smooth drag performance. Duragear™ brass gear for extended gear life
- PENN Squadron II Touch Tip, offering exceptional value for money, the rod features a modern sporting blank actions designed to achieve high performance in both fishing an casting. The souple tip provide perfect bite detection where the strong backbone of the blank provides the strength needed for casting baits and fighting the fish.
- PENN Slammer III 5500 FS, spools are designed for mono and raid, reels sporting stainless steel mainshaft and alloy main gear. Featuring the HT-100 Slammer Drag, this is a very smooth reel and provides more pressure than ever before.
You are automatically entered into the competition when booking a space aboard My Way for any of the dates listed, please visit our Boat Availability or Individual & small group pages for available dates. Or alternativly email or call 07971 924046
Please read our Pure Fishing Blog for reports & results on previous fun competition days
Please note – anglers are only permitted to win one prize from the Pure Fishing & My Way competitions in any one calendar year
Prizes are subject to change depending on availability, if this is occurs an alternative prize will be awarded similar to the original