Terms and Conditions of Booking
Initially a verbal reservation should be made by the charterer of the date(s) required and the number of passengers. This verbal booking will be held for a period of 7 days only.
The verbal reservation should be confirmed in writing (see also Payment and Cancellation). The charterer should telephone the evening before the day of the trip between 6pm and 7pm to confirm that the weather forecast is favourable.
All bookings are made on a general fishing basis – all fishing is weather permitting.
- Deposit – A deposit of up to £200 for full boat bookings or up to £50 per person for individuals (depending on specific charter) must accompany the booking, cheques made payable to GO Angling Charter Services. This should be sent on confirmation of the verbal booking.
- Balance – The remaining money is payable on the day of the trip or via BACS the evening before once favourable weather has been confirmed.
Should the trip have to be cancelled
- Due to bad weather or by the skipper for un foreseen circumstances
- By the chartering party in writing for whatever reason, with minimum 28 days notice
The deposit will be refunded in full.
Should the charterer wish to re-book, and an alternative date can be allocated, the deposit can be carried over.
- Please note that if cancellation is not notified by the charterer, in writing, with at least 28 days notice before the date of the trip, the deposit is non-refundable.
- Cancellation of any trip with less than 7 days notice (inclusive of the booked date) will require full payment for the trip.
Holyhead Marina Ltd Guidelines
Holyhead marina is a base of holiday and peaceful leisure for the majority of users; all customers are requested to respect the quiet and privacy enjoyed there.
All vehicles are parked at the owners own risk
All children under 16 must be supervised when on the Marina. No running, wheel vehicles, swimming or fishing allowed on or in the Marina.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many people can My Way carry?
My Way is fully Licensed for 10 anglers plus 2 crew.
Do you take individuals?
Yes, please check out our Individual specific days.
How much does a full charter cost?
The price is dependant on the length of time of your trip. Typical prices are 8hrs £450 or 10hrs £600.
Do you supply drinks?
Yes, supply both tea, coffee & cold drinks free of charge.
Do you supply rods & reels?
Yes, rods & reels are supplied free of charge should they be required. All are quality items for your use.
Do you supply end tackle?
One item of end tackle is supplied with the use of our rods. Any losses must them be paid for. Tackle is also available for purchase aboard My Way. Tackle advice can also be given when booking your trip.
Do you supply bait?
Your bait can be bought from various shops on the Island: –
- Winnies Worms, Holyhead 01407 760303
- Anglesey Bait Supplies in Beaumaris 01248 810009
Alternatively bait can be obtained for you by prior arrangement (when you book). There is a charge for this as the bait supplied will be of the highest quality and not a sorry mess left over from the previous week.
When is the best time of year?
We fish all year around. However certain months are better for particular species. Please call if you have a particular target in mind. Please view our month by month species list to assist you in choosing the dates for your party – species list.
Can we keep the fish we catch?
Within reason I have no problem with you keeping fish you catch for personal consumption. Please note that we are a recreational boat and the sale of fish caught from My Way is illegal. With conservation and the protection of our sport for future generations in mind we actively encourage the return of the following species that you will catch aboard My Way: – conger, rays, smoothound and tope.
Is Holyhead Marina tidal?
No, My Way can set sail from the Marina pontoons at any state of tide. Naturally we sometimes wish to sail at certain times to take into account the states of tides. The majority of our sailings are between 0800 and 1000hrs. However these are not fixed and can be tailored around your requirements.
Is there easy access to My Way?
Yes, there are no steps or ladders to negotiate. Simply walk down the ramp to the boat and step aboard.
Is there car parking?
Parking is available over looking the Holyhead Marina Complex.
Can we bring alcohol aboard?