The PENN Spinfisher reels have been a popular choice for anglers for many decades and recently newest incarnation, VI arrived in tackle shops across the globe.
We have been using the PENN Spinfisher SSV5500 aboard My Way for a number of years, they have accounted for numerous fish either on the drifting for pollack, wrasse etc or at anchor for a myriad of species varying from small fish to hard fighting inshore sharks.
Having used and enjoyed the PENN Spinfisher SSV6500LL personally for a long while, we now have brand new PENN Spinfisher SSVI6500LL reels available for our anglers to use and be impressed before purchase. The Live Liner function will work superbly when targeting the big hounds and tope associated with our patch of sea.
The PENN Spinfisher VI features IPX5 sealing so whether it gets hit with a wave, or you let it ride in the spray all the way home, you don’t have to worry about saltwater getting into the gearbox or drag system. Our HT-100 drag washers are housed in a fully sealed spool to give the stopping power needed for big saltwater fish. A Full Metal Body and sideplate keep the CNC Gear System in precise alignment under heavy loads.
- Tough heavy duty ‘free spool’ reel
- Adjustable ‘Live Liner’ allows fish to take line on the take
- 4 Position live liner lever allows quick selection of required setting
- Superb for boat and heavy shore fishing
- IPX5 Sealed body and spool design
- 5 +1 Sealed stainless steel bearing system
- Sealed HT-100 Drag
- Max Drag 30lb
- Infinite anti-reverse
- Friction trip ramp prevents premature bail trip when casting
- Stainless steel main-shaft and alloy main gear
- Retrieve 5.6:1