My Way 2 is scheduled to return to Port Dinrowic for some great winter fishing within the comfort of the Menai Strait and we have teamed up again with our sponsors at Pure Fishing (UK) Ltd to offer 5 new fun competition days aboard My Way 2.
Please read our Pure Fishing Blog for reports & results from 2018 & 2019
Similar to the popular summer events, these days are classed as a competition but they’re not quite that. They are no different to a normal day out. You simply come along & have a fun time catching with us, while we record your catch, each fish scoring a set amount of points each, with bonus points for each different species. Achieve the most points and win!
Prize table for first place
- Shakespeare Agility Tipster 9ft, Designed in 3-equal sections, the Agility Sea Tipster features quality Zirconium Oxide rings, suited to both mono and braid. A light and supple tip section, promotes bite detection perfectly.
- PENN Spinfisher 5500 FS, spools are designed for mono and braid, with the Spinfisher reels sporting stainless steel main-shaft and alloy main gear. Featuring the HT-100 Slammer Drag, this is a very smooth reel and provides more pressure than ever before – Won Sept 2019 – Chris Nedon
- PENN Battalion boat 20lb – contains a special blend of high performance carbon, producing an exceptionally lightweight, powerful, slim diameter blank. The tip action is progressive but powerfull in the mid section with a stiff butt, creating a rod with amazing sensitivity for bite detection and strength when fighting fish. This unique action is also designed to give maximum performance with braid and mono lines.
- PENN Fathom 15 star drag multiplier reel, designed with a full diecast metal reel frame and side-plates to minimise any chance of gear torsion under pressure – Won 10th June 2019 – Keith Heaton
- Shakespeare Agility Braid Boat 12-20lb. Featuring a supple tip designed specifically for fishing braid lines, its 12/20lb action makes it the ideal choice for general drift fishing in deeper water when after rays, turbot and brill, but also for tope over clean ground. It is also popular for working bigger lures over reefs and wrecks when after cod, ling, pollack and coalfish.
- Greys® GR75S Uptide, the is is a premium class boat rod. Sensitive tips for bite detection, but offer lots of reserve power in all the right places – to exert maximum pressure when it’s needed.
- Abu Garcia C7000 multiplier reel , Power Disk™ drag system gives smooth drag performance. Duragear™ brass gear for extended gear life
- PENN Squadron II Touch Tip, offering exceptional value for money, the rod features a modern sporting blank actions designed to achieve high performance in both fishing an casting. The souple tip provide perfect bite detection where the strong backbone of the blank provides the strength needed for casting baits and fighting the fish.
- PENN Battle III 5500 FS, spools are designed for mono and raid, reels sporting stainless steel mainshaft and alloy main gear. Featuring the HT-100 drag, this is a very smooth reel and provides more pressure than ever before.
Catch the most points on the day and win. The points will be awarded as below
- 1 point – dogfish, whiting
- 2 points – pouting, mini species, any fish not listed
- 3 points – dab, plaice,
- 4 points – ballan & cuckoo wrasse, codling,
- 5 points – bass, bull huss, conger, ray, smoothhound
- 6 points – each species
All are 5hr trips and priced at £30 per person
- October – Sat Oct 05th – [full]
- November – Sun 02nd
- December – Sun 01st
- January – to be announced
- February – to be announced
Please email or call 07971 924046 to book on